How to Keep More of What You Produce in 2019
This is part of Pearls and Bullets Course Series for 2019
These three- hour courses are held on weekends so that you do not have to shut down the office to attend. Presentations are condensed with many pearls for you to take back to your practices.
Date and Time:
Saturday, February 2, 2019
Please plan to arrive around 11:30 to claim your seat and review the menu.
Lunch will be served at 11:45 and the presentation will begin around noon.
Scott’s Seafood Restaurant
1333 N California Blvd. Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Valet parking is free to attendees. Refer to the photo and map. Enter Scott's Seafood directly from the parking garage
CE: 3 continuing education credits will be offered in the AGD Category 550
Barry W. Oliver, CPA, PFS is a wealth advisor and tax partner at Thomas Doll, one of the largest CPA firms in the country serving health care professionals. From tax planning to long-term wealth strategies, Thomas Doll guides physicians and dentists throughout their careers as they make personal and professional financial decisions. Mr. Oliver focuses on the intersection of finance and taxes delivering solutions to successful doctors and other high net worth professionals. Mr. Oliver has spent his entire career helping his clients reduce taxes, maximize wealth and retain as much income as possible. His career started in "big six" accounting firms serving high net worth families. He has been a partner at Thomas Doll since 1994. For several years running he has been listed in Best Financial Advisors of Medical Economics and Dental Products Report. He is the past editor of Doctor's Report a newsletter on the latest planning ideas. Barry is widely recognized as an advisor in the health care profession. He has been a regular presenter for the Alameda Contra Costa Medical Association webinar series, a guest lecturer at UCSF and UOP Dental Schools, and served on the editorial board of Medical Economics.
David K. Harlow, CPA holds a master’s degree in accountancy with an emphasis in tax from Brigham Young University and is a Registered Investment Advisor Representative. Right out of school, Dave began working for Deloitte & Touche, San Francisco, followed by some time in his dad’s CPA practice in his hometown of Hollister, California. Since joining Thomas Doll in 2005, Dave has assisted clients with their accounting and wealth management needs.
Jeff Belkora, PhD is a researcher and consultant based at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Belkora serves as scientist-in-residence with Thomas Doll, focused on marketing and quality improvement projects.
- It’s not what you make, it’s what you keep. But this tax stuff gets complicated! You’re a dentist, not an accountant.
- It makes your head hurt just thinking about it. And when you try to dig into it, it makes your head spin.
- You are potentially leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table just to avoid uncomfortable feelings in your head!
- Luckily, there’s a better way. Thomas Doll has simplified the tax code into 10 straightforward actions you should consider for 2019. We’ve minimized the jargon and quantified the impact. In this program, we’ll share our checklist, and illustrate it with case studies and examples. This will be an interactive workshop. Please come prepared to participate and engage fully, for the benefit of all in attendance.
Key learning objectives: Participants will have the opportunity to
1. Reflect critically on your own financial management, including tax strategies.
2. Compare strategies with peers and experts, to share lessons learned.
3. Evaluate strategies to implement in 2019, and plan next steps.
Tuition includes valet parking and gourmet lunch:
For Clients of Thomas Doll - $50
For AGD Members - $50
For Non-AGD Member - $75
For Questions about course Content, Contact Paul Schafer at SchaferDDS@gmail.com
For help with registration, or for payment questions, send email to email@example.com